The position started out really slow, as I was just getting to know everyone, and how I fit in the puzzle of this organization. However, the stagnation did not last too long, as I was assigned several different projects at once. The key to overcoming this load of work and finishing with efficiency and effectiveness was too prioritize my work. Everyday, when I would start my job I would open up my To Do list @ tadalist.com/ a free service, and I would rank my work from most time consuming as well as their respective deadlines. This allowed me to earn a great deal of respect from my supervisors.
Attended many meetings as well throughout the course of the month, and realized that the Corporate Culture here was quite different than other workplaces I've worked for. There is a combination of different Skilled workers all working together. From Construction Workers all the way to the Director of the branch. It is pretty hard to deal with some of the construction workers, very vulgar speech, however most of them are OK.
Learned a lot about Quality Management. I think it should be a class taught at the University of Lethbridge and even possibly a minor. It's integral to the the continuous improvement of the organization. Logging all the issues that arise, as well as quality standards and targets to be accomplished.
So far the position is going really well, can't wait to see what the future has in stored
No comments:
Post a Comment